Another Terrorist Attack… brought to you by Trollface
Which one? Ataturk airport. Specifically. Today.
Last week? Was there one last week? Or was the previous one the week before.
Lets just take a look at the wikipedia page- Islamic terrorist attacks 2016.
- Afghanistan January 1, 2016 – A Taliban suicide bomber detonated himself in a French restaurant called ‘Le Jardin’ in Kabul. 2 dead 15 injured.
- India January 2, 2016 – In the 2016 Pathankot attack suspected Jaish-e-Mohammed militants attacked an Indian air base killing 7 security force members. Several injured.
- Iraq January 3, 2016 – Five Islamist suicide bombers attack an Iraqi military base. 15 dead and 22 injured.
- Afghanistan January 4, 2016 – A Militant drove a truck packed with explosives to the armored gates of a compound for civilian contractors near Kabul’s airport before detonating. 30 people injured, including children.
- Libya January 7, 2016 – In the Zliten truck bombing Islamist militants detonated a truck bomb at the police training camp al-Jahfal in the coastal town of Zliten, Libya. 50+ dead 100+ wounded.
- France January 7, 2016 – In the January 2016 Paris police station attack an Islamist from Morocco wearing a fake explosive belt attacked police officers with a meat cleaver. He was shot dead.
- Libya January 7, 2016 – A car bombing at a checkpoint in the Libyan oil port of Ras Lanuf left seven people dead and 11 wounded.
- Egypt January 8, 2016 – In the 2016 Hurghada attack two militants armed with a melee weapon and a signal flare stormed the Bella Vista Hotel. 3 injured.
- France January 11, 2016 – A 15-year old Turkish ISIL supporter attacked a teacher from a Jewish school in Marseille with a machete. 1 injured.
- Iraq January 11, 2016 – ISIL gunmen detonate suicide vests in a shopping mall, killing at least 20 and wounding more than 40 people.
- Turkey January 12, 2016 – In the 2016 Istanbul bombing an ISIL suicide bomber kills 10 tourists and injures 15 more in the historical centre of Istanbul.
- Indonesia January 14, 2016 – In the 2016 Jakarta attacks 4 assailants kill 2 and injure 24 in a terrorist attack in Jakarta. The attack was orchestrated and financed from ISIL in Syria.
- Somalia January 15, 2016 – In the El Adde attack, Al-Shabaab terrorists attack a African Union Kenyan army base in El-Adde. 63+ killed, several injured.
- Burkina Faso January 15, 2016 – In the 2016 Ouagadougou attack Islamist gunmen armed with heavy weapons attacked the Cappuccino restaurant and the Splendid Hotel in the heart ofOuagadougou, the capital of Burkina Faso. 20+ killed. 15+ injured.
- Pakistan January 21, 2016 – At least 22 killed in attack on Bacha Khan University, Pakistan. The Taliban claim responsibility for the attack.
- Somalia January 22, 2016 – Al-Shabab attack on beachside restaurant leaves 20 dead.
- Cameroon January 25, 2016 – Suspected Boko Haram insurgents have blown themselves up in a market in Cameroon, killing at least 25 people and injuring 62 others.
- Nigeria January 30, 2016 – Boko Haram gunmen raided a Nigerian village, at least 65 people were killed and 136 others injured.
- Ivory Coast March 13, 2016 – In the 2016 Grand-Bassam shootings Al Qaeda gunmen stormed 3 hotels in the beach resort city of Grand-Bassam in the Ivory Coast, leaving 18 people dead.
- Iraq March 20, 2016 – In Anbar, Iraq, ISIL suicide bombers kill at least 24 at municipal building
- Belgium March 22, 2016 – 2016 Brussels bombings includes two suicide bombings in Brussels Airport and one bombing in Brussels Metro that resulted in 35 deaths and more than 300 wounded.
- Yemen March 25, 2016 – Three ISIL suicide bombers strike security checkpoints in the Yemeni city of Aden, killing 26 people.
- Iraq March 25, 2016 – 30 people killed and 95 injured after a suicide bomber blew himself up at a football stadium in Iskandariya, south of Baghdad. ISIL claimed responsibility for the attack.
- Pakistan March 27, 2016 – The 2016 Lahore suicide bombing targeted Christians who had gathered on Easter in Gulshan-e-Iqbal Park. The blast, by Jamaat-ul-Ahrar, a Pakistani Taliban faction, killed at least 70 people and injured 300 others.
- Afghanistan April 19, 2016 – The April 2016 Kabul attack targeted a security team responsible for protecting government VIPs in Kabul, Afghanistan. The attack killed 64 people and wounded 347. It was the Taliban’s biggest attack on an urban area since 2001.
- Bangladesh April 23, 2016 – Attackers hacked a university professor to death in the city of Rajshahi, Bangladesh. ISIL claimed responsibility for the attack stating that they assassinated him “for calling to atheism in the city of Rajshahi in Bangladesh”.
- Bangladesh April 25, 2016 – Two gays rights activists were hacked to death in the capital of Bangladesh, Dhaka. An Al-Qaeda affiliated group claimed responsibility for the attacks and stated they killed the two as they were “pioneers of practicing [sic] and promoting homosexuality in Bangladesh”.
- Iraq May 11, 2016 – At least 40 people were killed and 60 injured in a car bomb attack on a market in Baghdad. ISIL claims responsibility.
- France June 14, 2016 – Two french citizens, a police officer and his wife were stabbed to death in Magnanville, France by a man swearing his allegiance to ISIS.
- Pakistan June 22, 2016 – assassination of Amjad Sabri, claimed by a splinter group of the Pakistani Taliban who accused Sabri of blasphemy.
This list doesn’t include the Orlando shooting on June 12 (49 dead 53 injured) for whatever reason. And of course, the Ataturk Airport bombing today. Last I read 50+ are dead and who knows how many will die.
Now… reading this list, clearly we in Europe and North America aren’t hit as hard as those in Muslim countries. At the same time, it is obvious that we have a growing problem.
Look at the numbers for 2012…
- Iraq January 5, 2012 – Iraqi bombings, Baghdad and Nasiriyah, Iraq by Islamic State of Iraq. 73 dead, 149 injured.
- Iraq February 23, 2012 – Iraqi attacks, Baghdad, Iraq by Islamic State of Iraq. 83 dead, 250+ injured.
- Iraq March 20, 2012 – Iraqi attacks, Baghdad and at least 9 other cities, Iraq. 52 dead, ~ 250 injured.
- France March 20, 2012 – Toulouse and Montauban shootings in France. 7 dead, 5 injured.
- Russia May 3, 2012 – Makhachkala attack. 14 dead, including 2 suicide bombers, 130 wounded
- Yemen May 21, 2012 – 2012 Sana’a bombing against Yemeni Army soldiers practicing for the annual Unity Day military parade. 101+ dead 220+ injured.
- Iraq June 13, 2012 – The 13 June 2012 Iraq attacks were a series of simultaneous bombings and shootings occurred in Iraq. At least 93 people were killed and over 300 wounded.
- China June 29, 2012 – Tianjin Airlines Flight 7554 is diverted after an attempted hijacking which led to a fight with the 6 Uyghur men subsequently being restrained. 2 dead 14 injured
- Bulgaria July 18, 2012 – 2012 Burgas bus bombing. 7 dead, including the suicide bomber and 32 injured at Burgas Airport, Burgas, Bulgaria.
- Iraq July 23, 2012 – 23 July 2012 Iraq attacks. 116 dead 229 injured.
- Iraq August 16, 2012 – 16 August 2012 Iraq attacks. 128 dead 417 injured.
- Iraq September 9, 2012 – 9 September 2012 Iraq attacks. 108+ dead 371+ injured.
- Libya United States September 11, 2012 – 2012 Benghazi attack on the U.S. Consulate. 4 dead, 11 injured.
Those incidents don’t even fill up my screen. It’s not just page after page of horrible.
My question is… WTF is up with these monsters who think that it’s just fine to kill perfectly innocent people? And WTF are we going to do to stop it? I read a paper a few weeks back that terrorism is the new normal. This is what we get to live with from here on in. I don’t want to live this way… I think that 99% of people from all religions don’t want to live this way… so how do we stop it? As a friend of mine said… war doesn’t work… live and let live doesn’t work… what will it take? Zombie apocalypse?
Why do these people want to kill us? What are we doing that’s so damn bad? Almost everyone I know is a nice person. Even the not nice people are just going around, living their lives. Trying to make enough money to pay their bills and maybe have a little fun. Go on vacation. That’s the other thing… Why do terrorists always seem to attack airports and vacation spots. Was the Prophet against a white sand beach, a few margaritas and a good time? And if he was, is this someone you really want to hitch your spiritual wagon to?
I’m an Anglican (nominally… I don’t practice). My religion was reworked by a fat king who wanted a divorce… we are the Christians who get birth control, don’t have to fast and as long as we follow the big 10 commandments, can generally do as we see fit.It’s great…
Or should I say… it’s good for me… you want to do something else…. Go crazy! I don’t care! Just don’t tell me how to live my life and I won’t tell you how to live yours!
Do we have a deal?
You know, it used to make me sad. I watched the second plane hit the Towers in 2001 and I cried. I shook. I walked around in a fog for days. I’m sure there isn’t anyone over 25 who doesn’t remember exactly what they were doing when they heard the news.
But I’m not sad anymore. I read one of these news alerts and I’m just like…
I don’t think I’m the only one. In fact, I would say that most of the people I know aren’t shaken when these things happen. They just get angrier. I’m so tired of being told that unless I conform my life to a handful of extremists ideal, its ok to kill me. I’m not telling them how to live, so what the hell, man? In fact my mood right now is best summed up by Ludacris’s Get Back (the dirty version).
So yeah. Terrorists? You need to calm down. Why does everyone forget what the west does when they get angry? Object lesson, terrorists…
There is Dresden in 1945. This is what was done to the last bunch of people who really angered the west.
Maybe you need a video.
Because eventually we will stop with the pinpointed attacks, we will dig deep into our old roots and say… Kill them all… God knows those who are his.
And then there will be a lot of us enjoying the last laugh.